September 18, 2011

Logged On and Ready

Last week in Sunday School I signed up for the new Family History class that's being offered.  I'm so excited to get started.  I'm determined to figure it out this time.  I've never gotten beyond filling out a pedigree chart.  I know I'll love this once I get going.  Terry is taking the class with me.  I know Fredee will help me out.  I really need to find a week when I can get with her and go through all the genealogy stuff she has. 

Today at church I got logged in to new.familysearch.com.  I've set up a password and my homework assignment is to watch two short videos and explore the site.  The amazing thing is, Brent starts work at Family Search tomorrow!  I can't go wrong.  I have an inside connection. 

Since I'm on the family history subject, I'll just put down what one of the speakers said in church a few weeks ago.  His mother was very involved with genealogy.  He said if Family Search was like Facebook, his mom would have millions of friends.  That's my goal.

No comments: