April 10, 2011

Weather and Whether or Not

The weather guy, in a purple shirt, on channel 12, mentioned the possibility of gropple last week.  I had to look that up.  I finally found a mention of "sleet/snow, without feet" - huh?  It was on a website about fun weather.  I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's a term that's going to catch on, and I don't think a meteorologist should use it.

In the paper this week there was a letter to the editor about TV weather reports.  The writer took exception to channel 2 using the phrase "precision forecast".  They didn't find the weather reports to be precise.  They were also irritated with Larry Gephart showing the seven day forecast and saying "where your weekend is always in view".  With seven days showing, there has to be a weekend in there somewhere.  I would have to agree with both complaints.

I had root beer float  - yummy.
It was snowing again Saturday morning (or perhaps it was gropple).  Terry had been planning to mow the lawn!  He put something on it back in February, and it does need to be mowed.  By 5 o'clock the sun was out and the lawn was dry.  Terry looked out the window for quite a while, deciding whether to mow or not.  In the end we decided to go to Blue Cow instead. 

1 comment:

Jana said...

I think frozen yogurt should ALWAYS trump yard work :).