April 05, 2011

Opposite of Too Much Information

Car is stuffed.
 Ty drives me crazy.  I love him to pieces.  I pray for him day and night.  He left last September, with his all his belongings in the Corolla, seeking residency in Oregon, where the best Ultimate Frisbee teams play.  I remind myself every week, that when I went away to school, and when I went away married to California, my mom would call every now and then to say, "Just checking.  We haven't heard from you in a month."  Back then we wrote letters - long distance phone charges were too much.  My mom sent a letter every week.  When she didn't hear back in a month, she'd call and check.  I was always just having a great time, busy, independent, and thoughtless.  Now it's payback.
Eugene apartment

Ty  never e-mails, never sends a text, never calls.  When I do hear from him, there's never enough information.  For example, yesterday he sends an email asking for insurance information because he needs to talk to an eye doctor.  That's it.  He had just returned from an tournament in Walla Walla, so I'm thinking that a Frisbee has hit him in the eye and perhaps he has a detached retina or something.  I leave a message on his phone and send an e-mail.  Today I get this three line response:
Mom haha I got your voicemail.  My eye is getting better by the day, swelling is going down, I just wanna see if eyesight has gotten worse.
What does that mean?!!  He drives me crazy.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Oh, Ty! I think it's definitely a boy thing, I practically have to bribe Chuck to call his parents semi-regularly.