April 29, 2011

Royal Reality Show

We don't have TiVo and can't DVR so I went to bed thinking if I woke up and felt like it I would get up and watch the wedding.  I did wake up at 2 and spent the next hour fussing in my mind about a couple boys in my class.  That seemed like it wasn't working, so I decided to get up at 3 and turn on the TV.  I saw everyone arriving for the first hour, then the wedding, then the carriage ride, and then the balcony scene.  I loved it!  It was comfy on the couch, quiet, and I was all alone.  I thoroughly enjoyed every hat, custom, and comment.  I don't know why, but I did.  I'm glad I got up and watched William and Katherine and the wedding of the century.  Tonight I wanted to watch all the Entertainment Tonight and 20/20 shows for a few more tidbits, but Terry thought Dr. Oz (stomach noises and gas) and the Channel 12 News at 9:00 was a better idea.  Really?  It just made me appreciate the beauty of the morning solitude more.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I also decided to wait and see if I woke up on my own. I got a call to sub at 6:00 for the afternoon, so I turned the TV on about 30 minutes before "the kiss," saw a few highlights of the earlier events and was back in bed by 8:00!! Later I watched the whole thing on the computer. I loved the whole thing. I'm somewhat embarrassed by admitting that, but oh, well!