April 24, 2011

Easter Service

If you only go to church twice a year, you wouldn't want to pick Easter at our church - not this year.  It's different having Stake Conference on Easter, especially when it's a broadcast from Salt Lake.  We had some technical difficulties at our building, so we ended up having to stay after conference to take care of the stake sustainings and business.  The talks were good, but the studio where they were broadcasting from was pretty barren.  I thought they could have set out an Easter lily maybe.  I also would have liked a musical number.  I think President Uchtdorf would have too.  He ended up with so much time, he had to come up with a lot of filler.  I was entertained by the two boys next to me.  They spent about 30 minutes playing blackjack.  It's the first time I've seen kids play cards during church.  It kept them very quiet.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Ooh, maybe I'll teach the boys blackjack and try that next time; we only made through an hour before Will was DONE. He and I spent the next hour walking around outside, so I missed President Uchtdorf's talk.

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I was only a couple of rows behind you, Judy, but you had better kids to watch. I was behind a mom and dad and two girls. One was about 3 and the other maybe 9. Quinn and I spent the whole time (well, okay, when he wasn't giggling with Eden) wondering why the 9 year old was being totally ignored (shunned really). Towards the end, the father paid attention to her, but there was a time when the dad and little girl were gone that the mom sat two seats away and did not look at the girl once. We wondered: step-daughter? his niece? a stranger they picked up on the way? Sad.