February 23, 2015

Oscar Party - 2014

It wAs THe bESt !!

It's the 75th anniversary of Gone With The Wind, which is Lydia's favorite movie. Decorations, games, food, and prizes all followed the Gone With The Wind theme.  It was big, and extravagant, just like the movie - and long.  We started at 4:00 and I crawled into bed at 11:15.  

This was our Scarlett O'Hara invitation.

Our Oscar surprise and swag bag were the first awards of the night.  It left Lydia speechless....but she did come up with an acceptance speech. My piano took 2nd place to some very yummy Cuban sandwiches, but I don't remember what the movie was.  I won a Southern Taste of Home cookbook. I also won a biography of Margaret Mitchell, two bottles of peach soda (non-wine drinker), lots of movie theater candy, and I now know a lot of Gone With The Wind trivia.  I also knew more of the words to My Own True Love (from Gone With The Wind) because it was the theme of my sister's Jr. Prom - 1972, and I went.... with a guy named Curt.  I can't remember his last name, but I do remember that they had covered the high school gym with red, ornate, flocked wallpaper.  But I digress.  Brit had the most popular boyfriend, and Marsha's ballot had the most correct.  We talked about all the dresses, make-up, hair, speeches, presenters, music, stars, and movies.  And we all wore feather boas!  It really was the best party yet. 
 
Here's my loot.  I forgot to mention my Audrey Hepburn playing cards.

No comments: