February 14, 2015

Day Before Valentine's Day

Friday the thirteenth, a full moon, Jr. high registration, and a Valentine's Day party all converged on the same day this year.  Wow!  There was a lot of love and happiness, sugar and sweets, and ENERGY!

My 6th graders created a "love board" where they all contributed cards that had something they love printed on them (ice cold milk, Taylor Swift, basketball).  I'll have to get a picture. 

They didn't have to bring Valentines to everyone this year, but they had to do something for everyone in the class to share their love.  One boy who is always drawing in his notebooks, drew a little cartoon figure for everyone in the class and signed it.  He could be famous some day.  A girl gave everyone a ruler with a "You Rule" sticker on it.  I gave everyone a Blue Sky Bagel.  That's sharing my love. This girl (and her mom) went all out, and I love it:


Gumballs and a Hershey kiss.
It says, Blow Me a Kiss Valentine!

The silver behind it is actually a tall bucket with a dozen red, white, and pink tulips in it from a boy in my class.  I came home with flowers, chocolates, candies, homemade caramels, and heart shaped cookies to share.  It was not a good day for a diet, but a lot of crazy fun.

P.S.  This is Terry and my anniversary of the day we were sealed.  That's a big celebration of love!
  

No comments: