February 15, 2015

High Councilman

Terry was called to be a High Councilman in our stake today.  He's never done that before and I think he'll love it.  The timing is just right.  He's been feeling like he'd like to do something new.  

He's also been doing a new kind of scripture study for the past few years. It's like the P90X of scripture study.  It's become something that he loves to do, and he's had the time to do it a lot.  He merges reading the scriptures with his Gospel Library notes, with everything tagged, labeled, and highlighted.  The speaking part will be easy for him, and I know he'll love preparing.

It's good timing for me too, since I don't have a calling where I need to be there on Sundays. (I do compassionate service/humanitarian service for the Relief Society.)  I'll be able to go with him and listen to his talks.  I'll make sure he keeps them interesting. 

No comments: