February 16, 2015

A Healthy New Year!

Of course, being healthy and losing weight were part of my New Years resolutions.  My sister-in-law invited Terry and I to take part in an online Meltdown Challenge.  It was a six week challenge and we're on the last week.  I've earned all the points that I need and I think I'll make the 6% weight loss goal, plus a little.  It's helped me get back in a good exercise routine in the morning, and I've learned a lot because each day there are little videos and readings on the website.  You get points for keeping a food journal and an exercise journal, reading and watching things, getting 7+ hours of sleep, drinking enough water, and checking in with your health coach.  

I didn't know in the beginning, but most of the people (and there are thousands of them) doing the challenge are working on the Take Shape for Life program.  They have certified health coaches, and special food.  Our health coach is Terry's cousin, who lost 50 pounds, six years ago and kept it off.  You're suppose to eat something every 2-3 hours like a shake, a bar, or some meal replacement, and have only one lean and green meal each day. We signed-up and this is our first day on the new program.  Every meal and snack are a balance of carbs and protein.  They're also formulated to keep your blood sugar level low. You're not suppose to be hungry or crave things, and everything is healthy.  

I'm excited about using this program to get all of my extra weight off.  I think by summer I'll like myself more and feel better.  Terry doesn't need to lose anything, but he's interested in all of the health stuff.  He'd be a great health coach.  We'll see what the next few months bring.

No comments: