April 07, 2015

Track

The elementary schools had their first track meet of the season.  Since our school hosted, I was one of the volunteers that gave out ribbons.  I love seeing all the smiling faces and the foot races.  You get all shapes and sizes competing.  This was the first year that we didn't have anyone running in jeans.  Every team seemed to have team T-shirts and good shoes. The past two years we've seen a lot of neon colors - socks, shoes, shorts and shirts.
This kid in my class is an amazing runner.  He runs the mile and usually laps most of the competition.  He loves running and without even breathing hard he runs a 5:30 mile.  I'm excited to see him break the record at the city meet.

The track program is so fun for the kids, and big things can happen.  I get updates on one of my Jefferson kids that ran track.  He was an average student, but a little lazy.  He just signed a letter of intent to go to Purdue University.  He doesn't run anymore - just jumps, long jump and triple jump.  He could be my first Olympian.

No comments: