April 06, 2015

Conference Study

I seldom watch or listen all sessions of conference on conference weekend.  I'm still trying to get things done on Saturday, and might try to work in the kitchen or do ironing or run a quick errand and end up missing several talks.  That's how it worked this session too, but I always listen and read them again and again before the next session.  I often listen to the talks in the morning while I'm exercising or getting ready for work.  

This time I have a new plan that will stretch me beyond just listening or reading.  A senior missionary from our ward recently had a mission conference with Elder Bednar.  She shared his study method:

Elder Bednar’s pattern of General Conference talk study (from before he was an apostle)-

Take the talks of the fifteen prophets, seers, and revelators and make a chart of each talk with the following categories: 
What is the doctrine? What am I invited to do? What is the promise?

I'm going to try it.  I mean, if it's good enough for Elder Bednar, it should be good for me.

No comments: