April 05, 2015

Easter Sunday

We invited all the kids (minus Ty in Oregon) and grandkids over for Easter breakfast and the morning session of conference.  It ended up being a good idea and the start of a new tradition, I think.  We started at 9:00, and everyone seemed to arrive just as more hot waffles were ready.  I wish I had taken pictures of the food.  This was the menu:

  • fruit (pears, nectarine, grapes, fresh pineapple, strawberries)
  • egg casserole (with sausage and hashbrowns)
  • bacon (thick sliced and turkey)
  • waffles (regular and spiced ones that are like cookies)
  • maple syrup and buttermilk syrup
  • yogurt and granola
  • chocolate milk, orange juice, apple juice
Everything worked out great.  Nothing burned.  Nothing spilt.  And Stacey said pineapple is suppose to make you go into labor so she ate up and took home leftovers.

Stacey had brought conference Bingo Cards and that kept the kids tuned-in for about half an hour.  They played with toys and goofed off afterwards.  It was a little noisier than church, but not much.
Hads in her Easter dress (with matching sandals).

The boys rough housing.

Usually they're more like this.

I-guy brought his monster pillow that we gave him for Christmas.

Cute couple with a photo bomb kid.

I just started the blanket for the little girl that might be here next week.


It seems like I never have pictures of Maycee.  I wonder if her parents feel the same way.  Poor 3rd child.

Coloring
I think everyone had a good time.  It was good being together.  Terry and I spent a quiet afternoon watching conference and snacking.  I think this is the 2nd time we didn't have an Easter dinner.  Today we didn't even miss it.  (The last time was on a Spring Break trip to Portland and for some crazy reason, we couldn't find a restaurant.  We finally ate at a dirty Red Robin.  This was much better.)

No comments: