April 23, 2015

Funeral

I took the afternoon off to help attend a funeral and help at the family luncheon after.  The music at the funeral was beautiful.  All her nieces and nephews (45 of them) sang an arrangement of "I Am a Child of God" that I'd never heard before.  The sister missionaries and two women from church sang a hymn in Spanish. Her sister-in-law and our former bishop spoke.  They both were perfect.  

It always amazes me how quickly women volunteer when I send out an e-mail about a service need.  The food started coming into the kitchen and kept coming all afternoon.  Everything looked so good.  The tables had potted pansies and Hershey kisses that she always handed to people.  Terry and I stayed until 6:00, cleaning up.  The extra food was handed out to family and the pansies will be planted in the widowers front garden bed.  The whole day felt good.  The service was lovely and serving felt good too.

No comments: