April 04, 2015

Saturday

About seven years ago, a friend and I joined Boise Fit Club to train for a marathon (we just walked).  Every Saturday we met on the greenbelt and walked, and walked, and talked, and talked.  It was great therapy and a lot of fun.  Now my friend is going through a miserable divorce and we're back for more greenbelt therapy.  We'll be meeting every Saturday morning.  I love the walking, and the scenery,and my friend.  I can't think of any other way to help her right now, except be there, and listen, and maybe say something funny once in a while.  We had a great four mile walk.  This will be good.

I cleaned house, did wash, and went grocery shopping, while trying to watch conference.  I didn't get too much out of it.  (I'll watch, listen, and read it again later.)  Then I went to JoAnn's to buy yarn for Stacey's baby blanket, and out to Marie Callender's for pies.  It's become a tradition for the guys to watch the priesthood session at our house and have pie afterward. It's also a tradition that I stop and share pie with Mom and Dad on my way home. Three guys do not need to eat two pies (plus ice cream)!  It was good to visit for a few minutes, and I left with another book.  Seems like I always leave with something. 

We had a good talk after the conference session - just me and the guys.  I needed to get to bed early, because I had invited everyone over for Easter breakfast.  It was a long day, but went by too fast.  

No comments: