March 08, 2013

This is Art

Nobody can do carnivals or art nights like Trail Wind.  We have art parents that come in and teach lessons two or three times a month.  They teach about different artists and come up with amazing projects for the kids.  Then they spend a week lining the halls with black butcher paper.  This year the PTO spent $450 in duct tape to keep everything on the wall. 

I might be biased, but I thought the art from my class was the most impressive.  We had four mobiles of origami cranes hanging from the ceiling and a table full of ceramic food that looked good enough to eat.  Everyone raved about the yarn wrapped animal sculptures (from Central America), and paper collage self portraits.  We also had paintings of the Boise foothills, collages of aspen trees, and a Grandma Moses scene.  I took pictures, so I'll post those later.

Besides the explosion of art everywhere, there are musicians in every hallway, and hors d'oeuvres being served on trays carried by students in their Sunday best.  I had a student playing the harp, another playing the cello, and one in a little band playing trombone.  It was a spectacular!

No comments: