March 23, 2013

Terry is Missed

Terry went down to SLC with Brent and Bry for a few days.  I always like having a little time to myself.  It's good that it doesn't happen too often though because I eat junk, stay up late, keep Neds inside, and watch junk TV.

On Thursday evening the power went off for a split second.  My computer blinked, but didn't lose power.  I had to reset one clock that night.  I went to bed at about 9:30 and didn't even look at the clock upstairs.  I woke at 5:30 but couldn't talk myself into getting up.  I slept for another hour and decided I had to get moving if I was going to be on time.  After getting ready, I went to bring in the paper before heading out the door.  I was surprised by the snow that covered the lawn!  This is the third day of spring.  I couldn't believe that our paper hadn't arrived yet.  It was 7:45.  Then I noticed that it was really dark out.  Then I figured out that it was really 4:15!  I had gotten up and got ready at 3:00.  If Terry had been home, this would never have happened.  He pays attention to details, like the clocks.

I ended up putting in 3 hours on my report cards before I went to school.  I really needed that.  School was easy too because my students were having a read-in, my intern was entering test scores on the report cards for me, it was early release, and the PTO treated us to a Baja Fresh lunch.  I still have all my comments to make on the report cards, but that will happen sometime after I get a little more sleep.

No comments: