March 27, 2013

Mourning

We had to put my pretty kitty Nedee down Monday.  She was fine when I went to feed her at 6:30 Sunday night, but when Terry put her to bed at 10:30, something was wrong.  She didn't seem to be in pain, but was lame.  The vet said that there was a blood clot that lodged in the main artery that separates and goes down each hind leg.  This morning she was paralyzed in both legs and had to scoot.  Apparently she's always had a heart problem.

It all happened so fast.  I'm so happy I wasn't working this week.  I was a mess at the vets.  I didn't want to be present at the end, and I didn't want to see her one last time.  I had to go sit in the car and have Terry handle everything.  I helped him dig the hole to bury her.  She's in the backyard that she hardly ever left, right under the shed roof where she would hang-out for hours.

I'm surprised at how hard this has been.  I cried a lot on Monday.  Then when I pulled myself together and let Ty know on Tuesday, I cried again.  As I'm writing this, I'm crying again.  I'm the only one that really appreciated Nedee.  I miss her, but Ty said she's in Kitty Heaven with a bowl overflowing with Temptation kitty treats.  That makes me happy.