March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

I feel like an Easter Scrooge this year.  I did get my colored eggs and bunnies out, but we didn't have any jelly beans or peeps.  The last couple years my family has gotten together and for a spring picnic and an Easter Egg Hunt for the little ones.  This year, nobody even mentioned a get-together.  I also thought a lot about what we could do for our grandkids.  I didn't get anything else done.  I just thought about it.

Easter was not dismal though.  I thawed out a ham that I didn't cook at Christmas and made a jello salad, a tossed salad and dessert.  Bry and Amee, Tanner and Isaac came to visit for a couple hours.  They brought us an Easter gift - a beautiful "Blessing" frame.  We even got plastic eggs with candy inside.  I delivered cupcakes with green coconut and jelly bean eggs with my visiting teaching partner, and we went to church.  I love the Easter hymns.  I love to see the girls in their Easter dresses.  I love it when our ward choir performs.  But this year, the very best, was Cody's talk on the atonement.  It was touching.  It was honest truth.  It was humble.  It was powerful and memorable.  (Even though it was memorable, I want to get a copy of it.)  It was a happy Easter.

No comments: