March 26, 2013

Quilting Bee

I got together with some other ladies from church today to work on quilts.  We have an ongoing project of making twin size quilts to give to foster children, and now we're trying to get some ready for a tri-stake humanitarian project that will be giving quilts and blankets to refugee families in the area.

I love getting all our fabric scraps together and trying to patch together quilt tops.  We tied one BSU quilt, and started cutting squares.  We've decided on 6 1/2 inch squares, but really anything goes.  We're working on a vibrant animal print, a blue quilt top that is full of stars, and I'm most excited about fabric with pink and powder blue Thunderbirds on it.  Right now I'm just a little part of a group effort and it's fun.  My excitement will probably fade as I cut out 140 squares and sew them together. 

No comments: