July 26, 2011

We Need the Tooth Fairy

This has been a month of appointments with dentists, periodontists, endodonists, and oral surgeons - plus a couple trips to the pharmacy.  What could be worse.  Terry has had most of the work done.  He had a condition called resorption where a root was disintegrating from the outside.  When they took care of that, he spent 3 1/2 hours getting a temporary crown.  All of the trauma caused the root to die, which meant a root canal.  Now he has a another August appointment and will be able to finish the crown Sept. 1st.

Ty is the other one with an aching tooth, or two, or four.  He went in for a consultation today on his wisdom teeth and we were planning on having them out right after Labor Day, but instead he's having them out tomorrow.  They're swollen and he's in pain.

I feel for both of them, but I'm so glad it's not me.  I only have to deal with the bills.  Thank goodness for the Tooth Fairy. 

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I hate dentists, I hate oral surgeons, I hate root canals, I actually like crowns (both tiaras and tooth coverings) but hate how much they cost. Give my sincere sympathy to Terry and Ty, but save plenty for yourself.