July 07, 2011

Oh no! Say it isn't so!

I had the same post title in June because I did the exact same thing.  I left my new camera in a restaurant on the way home from McCall.  I can't believe it!  I had the camera that I left in the Chinese restaurant for about two months.  I had to replace it last month.  My new camera was about 2 weeks old!  Thank goodness the people at the Homestead Cafe in Weiser are kinder and more honest.  Some Saturday morning coffee people turned it in and it was kept in the kitchen safe.  They were so happy that I called.  I left it on Friday and didn't realize that it was gone until Monday.
We wanted to avoid the Fourth of July traffic so Terry went with me for a lunch date on Tuesday.  I really like the signs that welcome you to Weiser - We love our kids, our community, and our country.  I like this town.  There is a real community feeling there.  When you stop for lunch or drive around you can tell there is a slower pace of life - simpler.  The prices are lower too. 
After lunch we went to the Weiser Chocolate Shop and Deli.  We each picked out a handful of chocolates and then enjoyed a ice cream cone.  Terry's huckleberry ice cream looked good, but I know my butter pecan tasted better.  We drove home on the back roads and avoided the freeway.  I can't believe I did it again, but this time everything turned out a lot better.  We had a very pleasant day and I have my new camera back.

No comments: