July 22, 2011

Sewing Update

My goal was to finish 12 sewing projects, one for each week of summer.  I have seven finished.  My problem has been that I've had to make each project twice, and one, three times.  I don't know why I can't just measure and get things to fit.  I still need to fix a pair of watermelon pants that I made for Haddie, and redo a waist band on my white skirt.  I finished a lined navy blue dress that's really cute on, but I can't zip it up the back.  It's just hanging in the back of the closet and I'm hoping with diligent dieting I'll be able to wear it some time this fall.  I love sewing.  Part of my problem is just being out of practice.  I'll continue on and finish up my goal.  I think the next five projects will go faster.  I just need to do them once - slow and careful.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

I want to sew!! Not a lot,just a little. Alas, no skill and a sick sewing machine. I wouldn't even try clothes, but maybe a pillow. I made Clyde and Will pillowcases a while back but I don't know if my machine can even handle that. I keep looking on Craig's list for a really really cheap, but working, Singer. Maybe someday.