July 07, 2011

New(er) Corolla in the Fam

I bought my first Corolla in 1992.  Ty was just a few months old so he and the car are the same age.  When Ty started driving he took over the little red Corolla.  Now we have a new Corolla in the family - 2004, silver, and in need of a good cleaning and a little touch-up paint.  It will take Terry a while to work his magic, but by the time I go back to school, my new wheels will be sweet.  These are my favorite things about my new Corolla so far: 
  • No power windows, you have to roll them up and down.  Terry has had to fix the power windows in a couple of our cars.  Right now the passenger window in the Maxima can only be put up by the driver.
  • One of the seats in the back lays forward so that you can access the trunk.  I could put skis in the trunk, or long 2x4s.
  • 39 miles per gallon, and that's not all freeway miles.

2 comments:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

What a perfect car. Corollas are the coolest car this side of a mini-cooper. And btw, it's about time you blogged again . . . I mean, um, jolly good to read what all you've been up to!!

Unknown said...

Good taste! Corollas are known for their reliability and great gas mileage. I hope your new Corolla will last for a long time like your previous one. And I agree with the power windows. I think it's better if you can roll them up and down.

Spartan Toyota