June 26, 2011

A Stitch in Time

I've been sewing again.  I got a jump start hemming table squares for a wedding.  Then I made a dress for myself.  I'm half way through my second dress and have a dress cut out for Haddie.  I have a stack of material and want to complete 12 projects this summer, one a week. 

I love to sew and I'm thankful to my mom for teaching me how.  I'm thankful for my high school graduation gift of a sewing machine that still works like a dream.  I love fabric stores and pattern books.  It feels good to work for several hours and create something lasting and beautiful.  When I clean house or cook for several hours it's beautiful, but it doesn't last. 

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

You're welcome. Any time I can ask you to do a huge favor for me and then get to tell myself that it inspired you to reach impressive summer goals, I'm happy. Yes, I know that's not exactly what you said, but humor me. Thank you sooooooo much for hemming those table sqaures!!