June 08, 2011

The End

Students will never know, unless they grow up and become teachers, how much more excited we are, than them, that the school year is over.  I had a nice day, received some nice gifts, thank yous, hugs, visits from former students, and then we had lunch.  The sixth graders went out for their last recess ever, and five minutes later went home.  It took me a couple hours to clean things up well enough to check out.  The principal and I were the last to leave.  It was only 3:15, but we both were fried - mush for brains - done.  The recovery process will be sweet.

1 comment:

Pamela Hunter-Braden said...

It takes me days and days to clean up well enough to check out. I definitely need to do something differently. Wait, four out of nine of those years I had to move to a different classroom in the school and once to a different school and once to my garage. No wonder it took me so much freakin' time. (That and the fact that I rarely throw anything away that could be useful for any age, any subject, or any project.)