June 07, 2011

Garage Sale Season

I love a good garage sale.  I wish the season would last longer.  When I go, I think that I never want to buy anything new again.  There are amazing finds for about 10% of the original cost, or less!  The best ones are when whole subdivisions get involved on the same day.  We have several nice subdivisions in our area that do this at the beginning of summer. 

On Saturday, Terry, Stace, and I ventured out in our mid-sized car.  We only had an hour and a half, which was disappointing, but we did well.  I got a new bike and a couple books for my classroom, and a few for the grandkids.  Terry only bought a Dr. Oz book on CD about staying young.  Stacey hit the jackpot.  She paid $10 for a bike for Huds, and $2 for a cradle and changing table for Hads.  Then between a selection of free items and a big box of 25 cent toys, she came home with tub toys, fake plastic food, dollies, trucks, workbooks, and games.  We had a hard time loading everything in the car, but I made it to my 10 o'clock appointment, the kids are going to have a new toy surprises all summer.

No comments: