October 22, 2011

BYU vs. BSU - Hockey

Terry did not have fun.  He was cold.
My nephew is a freshman at BYU and is on their hockey team.  Who even knew they had a hockey team?
All the fam made arrangements to watch their games against BSU.  Who knew they had a hockey team?  Terr and I met Nan and Jim, and all Tate's family and friends at the game.  We asked where Grandpa and Grandma were, but that's a whole other story.  For this post, I'll just stick to hockey.

I don't really get hockey, but it amazes me.  I love to see all the guys gliding around on the ice.  It's impressive.  Then there's the little puck that they're all chasing and trying to control.  It seems too small.  Anyway, I like to watch it.  Tate wasn't a starter, but he was in a lot of the game.  We even got to see him get sent to the penalty box.  He didn't deserve it, but he ran into, or over, some guy and it looked bad.  I think it was legal though.
Tate's in the middle of this fuzzy pic.

BYU lost, but they played a better game.  They were ahead right up to the end, when they weren't ahead any more.

Kim and Tad hosted the whole team, about 25 of them, to a spaghetti dinner at their house the next day.  They had another game on Saturday night, and more of the family went, but we stayed home.  There was a BSU football game against Nevada that afternoon.  I just couldn't fit anymore sports into the weekend.  BYU lost again, only this time it was a solid loss.  Tate's mom said the BSU crowd was mean and rowdy the second night, so I'm glad I missed it.
Here's the whole team.

There will be plenty more hockey games to watch.  The season runs until April I think.  Tate will take a few years off for his mission, but he'll probably be back to play in 2014.

I forgot to mention that I made a batch of pumpkin fudge and put it in snack size baggies for the game.  I filled my purse with fudge and handed it out to everyone.  It was a lot better than the pretzels or nachos they were selling there.

No comments: