October 29, 2011

Girl's Get-Together

It was Santanna's bridal shower today.  We were extra excited because my mom, my sisters, and my sister-in-law were all going to be there.  My family could probably count on one hand the occasions when we're all together, so for the five of us, it was a big occasion. 

I drove Mom and Fredee there.  None of us can find our way around Nampa, but I had good instructions from Nan.  I thought I'd be picking Fredee up from Andrea's house, so when she met us at Mom's house, I had to get new instructions from Terry and Google maps, so I could find my way from a different direction.  Terry went over and over it with me.  I had everything memorized, and two maps.  The minute I got off the freeway at the second exit, I was lost.  I was told to get off at the second exit, but that was a mistake.  I had memorized the way from the third exit.  All of us were turned around in no time.  Fredee was checking out where the sun was so we could figure out what direction we were going.  We made it, but good thing it was kind of an open house shower, because we were and hour late.  Kim showed up 2 hours late.  She got lost too.  They had just finished.

Even though the shower was a brunch, we decided to celebrate the fact that we all made it by going to lunch.  I don't know the name of the place, but it was a French restaurant, in a little house, close to the old downtown.  It was very good.  I had the best ham and cheese sandwich on toasted cinnamon raisin bread, and a salad with the best house dressing, a very spicy basal vinegarette.  Everybody had good stuff. 

Afterward, Nan, Mom, Fredee and I decided to go visit Andrea and give her a report on the shower.  Fredee and I were following Nan, but followed the wrong car.  We were once again turned around and heading the wrong direction.  Thank goodness Nan called Fredee in time.  We circled around and found our way back to the restaurant.  Then we had to be led out of town.  I use to think if I just studied a good map of Nampa, I would get the hang of it.  Now I know that's not true. 

Poor Andrea wasn't a lot of fun because she couldn't laugh.  We didn't have anything too hilarious to report though.  We tried to just stick to the facts.  It was a great girls get-together.

 

No comments: