May 14, 2011

Toady Yodie

Look at those cute fingers.
I'm so excited.  Look what I found in our yard today!  This is the second time we've seen a toad in our yard.  The first time was in July, two years ago.  I wanted catch it and take it over to a pond in Lakewood because our yard doesn't really have a water feature and I think every toad needs a little pond.  It was night time and we never saw the toad again, so I thought it might have hopped over to the canal or something. 

Then today when we were outside working in the yard, out hops this guy!  I think it's the same toad.  I'm not sure where it lives, but I found him by our backyard shed that does have a buried water feature.  The water falls on some rocks and there's a little pool underneath and a pump that circulates the water back up to this watering can.  I don't think the toad can access the little pool, but maybe it lives in a mud hole by it. 


I like him, but I don't want to touch him. 
Anyway, he was very still, observant, thoughtful, and Zen-like.  I named him Yodie, like Yoda.  I think he'll eat bugs that I don't like.  I want him to stay and be our new pet. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's gross man.
On my mission there was toads called cain toads and they were a menace to say the least and one decided to hop on our front steps and we screamed till it left.
LOL