May 14, 2011

First Fix-up

It's been a great day.  The weather was so nice, and it was Saturday, so I could sleep in, and get a lot done.  Terry and I worked in the yard getting things ready for summer.  I love planting.  I love having flowerbeds edged, weeded, hoed, and raked smooth.  I don't know a lot, but in my next career, I think I want to work in a nursery.  I like putting in bedding plants, planting from seeds, watching my perennials bloom, fixing my hanging baskets, and spraying everything off.

After all the outdoor work, a soak in the tub always feels so good.  Then Terry came with me while I ran errands to Tandy Leather, The Distribution Center, Lowes, and Fred Meyer.  It was great because he paid for everything.  Then we ate a Cafe Rio which was healthy and yummy.  By the early evening it started to blow and rain a bit.  Everything smelled so fresh, and even though it was gray, it was still beautiful and summery.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That sounds like such a true summery day. So fun! We packed and took apart things so your day definitely beat ours. I am completely jealous of you eating at Cafe Rio too. One day soon....

Oh, and I love your pictures of the toad. I remember when we saw that one before and Hudson touched it. I bet he would pet this one for you too. Tell him to stick around til we get there!