July 17, 2015

Hyde Park

My friend Mary and I got together for lunch, shopping, and talking yesterday.  The weather was perfect to eat outside.  I added another new restaurant to my list for the summer, 13th Street Bistro (owned by Chef Peter Schotts). We had a leisurely lunch and caught up.  The big news was that Mary is going to teach a reading class for elementary teacher candidates this fall for Boise State.  She's pretty excited to be a adjunct professor.

I think it's been almost a decade since I've been to Hyde Park.  We browsed through an antique store where the owner had a Harley parked out front with a special seat for his white Scottie dog that we met.  They're heading out tomorrow for a trip to Montana.

Then we went through Hyde and Seek, a store with everything that I love.  I want everything for my house, or maybe I could just live there, or work there.  The next store use to be called One Thousand Villages, but now I don't the name.  It benefits refugees and villages all around the world.  They had a lot of tempting things too.

We skipped Goodies (ice cream and candy) so that means we'll have to make a return trip. Can't wait! 

No comments: