July 09, 2015

Halfway

Just after the 4th of July we come to a teacher's halfway mark for summer.  I thought I should have some accounting of what I've accomplished.  I really wanted to catch-up and declutter in June, so that I could do projects in July.  I'm way behind even after a month of catch-up, but I've decided to just relax and enjoy the summer.  I'll feel bad if don't accomplish anything over the summer, but I'm doing what I feel like doing every day and just letting some things go. 

Here's what I've caught-up or finished:
  • WEEDING! and straightened up the yard in general so we can enjoy it and the patio.  I don't have beautiful hanging baskets, or annuals put in, and only 1/2 of my garden survived.
  • Finished the Book of Mormon, and three other novels.
  • Went through all of the donated fabric and have organized it into pillows, quilts, pillowcases, backpacks, and future apparel.  
  • Made three blankets for the McClure kids, and finished crocheting Brynklee's blanket.
  • Made a dress for Sunday.
  • Caught-up my blog and started a recipe blog with Stacey and Krystle.
  • Visited friends, had nice lunches, and saw a movie.
Here's what's next of the list:
  • Make pillowcases for grandkids and to donate.
  • Make cinch backpacks for grandkids and to donate.
  • Piece together Grandpa Swain's shirts into a quilt top.
  • Put together at least two more quilt tops.
  • Get to the nursery and plant a few more things in the yard.
  • Make a pathway on the side of the house.
  • Go through all my clothes, alter or clear-out.
  • Organize our closet.
  • Clear-out the loft.  Redesign it and make it useful.
  • Make bedskirt.
  • Finish four more books.
  • Start indexing again and experiment with Family Search more.
We'll see.  Whatever happens, I'm going to enjoy my summer. 

No comments: