July 10, 2015

Compassionate Service

We had a luncheon at the church today for the family of a man that raised his family in our ward boundaries.  His granddaughter is in our ward.  He passed away in Washington and they had a funeral there, but he was buried in Boise today and Susie and I organized the luncheon.  It was last minute, and conflicted with a high priest social that afternoon, so we were a little short on help.  It was a lovely lunch, and the family was very appreciative.  I left at 11:00 to pick things up, then made a salad and the centerpieces, then helped set-up, serve, and clean-up.  Terry came to help clean-up and we were the last ones out the door after he mopped the floor.  I got home at 6:00.  It feels good to serve.  

I'm being released from this compassionate service calling this Sunday.  I've been in for three years or so.  It's been an amazing experience to see the willingness of service, the love, and the amazing abilities that are shared.  It has always been a happy and fulfilling, and inspiring calling.  I know better now how to help.  It won't be the end to my compassionate service; I just won't be sending out the e-mails and sign-ups any more.

No comments: