July 05, 2015

4th of July at 103 Degrees

It had been above 100 degrees for the past 8 days, so we opted out of the (lame) parade downtown, out of the chalk art at Ann Morrison Park, and out of parks, barbeques, or outside picnics completely.  We went to a matinee movie, McFarland USA, at the discount theater, and then took Terry's mom out to dinner.  

We loved the movie.  It was fun going together.  Terry and I aren't big movie watchers.  I think we still have been to less than 10 movies at theaters in our whole marriage.  We're probably getting close to 10.  We definitely don't average 1 a year, maybe 1 every 2 years.  It was a cool inside and a real treat.  We ate protein bars and drank water.  What weirdos!  

We went to Applebees at about 5:00 that afternoon.  The place was practically deserted.  Maybe we were the only whimps that bailed on all outdoor activities.  It was nice visiting with Felice.  We got home at about 8:00 and I was wiped-out.  I don't know what it was, but I went to bed by 9:00 and didn't hear anything all night.  Terry said it sounded like our neighbors were launching rockets at about 11:30, but I slept through everything.  

It wasn't a traditional 4th of July.  The only thing patriotic I did was put our flag out, but we had a cool day.  

No comments: