January 22, 2012

Why Am I Blogging?

I started this blog a year ago this week.  I had thought about blogging for a long time, but it was listening to an address by Henry B. Eyring, given at a genealogy conference, that finally got me started.  He spoke of keeping a record for his children of daily examples of God's hand in the lives of his family members.  I wanted to be more aware of that myself and I wanted to keep a record.  I like journaling.  I wanted to jot down things that I'm thankful for too - a gratitude journal.  As I look back, it's easy for me to get caught up in the day-to-day and often that's not spiritual, and often I'm not grateful, but I still like what I've recorded.  Although there is a two month gap, I'm recommitting to blog.  I hope that gradually more spiritual thoughts and gratitude will appear here, because I'm trying to become more aware.  (I'm also going to try to go back and fill in the gap.)

No comments: