January 21, 2012

A Silent Movie

I met my friend Lydia to see The Artist this afternoon.  I predict that it will win the Academy Award for best picture.  I don't know what will be nominated.  I've only seen one other movie this year, but I think this one should win.  I do not love this movie, and I was not emotionally pulled into the story, but you can't help but be enthralled with this movie.  You watch every second to see how they're going to do the next part, and they do everything in a beautiful, clever way.  This is a black and white, silent movie.  Three words are spoken.  It pays homage to old Hollywood.  How can the academy members not vote for it?  Besides, the dog in it is adorable, and I did fall in love with the leading lady, whose name I don't know, but I think she's French.  Her name in the movie was Peppy, and it fit.  Besides being more beautiful and more talented than a young Natalie Wood, she was adorable, charming, vivacious, and peppy.  I can't wait to see her in something else and hear her talk.
Peppy Miller - AKABerenice Bejo

No comments: