January 29, 2012

Indexing Kick-Off

Our ward is going to try to index 10,000 names in the month of July.  Terry is in charge.  That meant he had to figure out how to do indexing, get information from the stake family history consultant, hold meetings, and run the computer and projector today at the fifth Sunday combined meeting.  I think we're going to smash the 10,000 mark, but it might be harder than I think to find the time.  Brent did over 500 names this month and Terry did over 250.  I keep saying I'm going to help, but haven't taken a half hour to learn and get started.  I might need the whole month of February to geared up, but I'm sure the three of us will be good for at least 1,000 of those names.  Hopefully we can find 40-50 ward members that want to help.  The youth are going to be involved.  They chose the month, because the last week is Spring Break.  They're use to cramming at the very end.  I might join with them.

No comments: