June 09, 2015

Grandma Day - Week 1

Since Stacey is stuck with three active kids and a newborn in a little apartment all summer, I wanted to give her a little break.  I've made plans to pick the three big kids up for a day of adventures once a week.  Our first day was a big success.  

I picked them up at 9:00 and had a little bit of time to visit with Stace.  I also finished the baby blanket, so I got that delivered. (I'm catching-up.)

I didn't turn the picture.  It's folded and hanging on the back of the couch.  You have to tilt your head.
 We started at Fred Meyer looking for T-shirts and treats.  They had brought socks, and we put everything to soak in soda ash in preparation of tie-dyeing.  Then we spent an hour or so at Williams Park.







Then we went to McDonald's and played for another hour at that playground.  They met some kids from the Philippines, and I visited with their mom.

When everyone was done playing, we headed back to do some tie-dyeing.  It was a risky business with squirt bottles of dye in the hands of little kids, but we covered up pretty well and worked outside.  Hudson tie-dyed his hands and legs, and I have a couple fuchsia dots on my shoes, but we completed all our projects.  They took things home to rinse out the next day.  


They were so well-behaved.  It was fun being with them all day.  I returned them at 4:00 and forgot some things I wanted to bring to Mike, but at least they all got home with their shoes. We'll be planning more park visits, lunches, projects, and activities for next week!

No comments: