June 27, 2015

Box Elder News and Journal

That's our hometown paper that we always read in its entirety when we make a stop in Brigham.  It comes out weekly and besides reporting on Brigham, population around 15,000, you also get reports from the field - small farming communities in the western parts of the county with populations under 100, or under 50.  The edition we read this week shared a report of a Memorial Day picnic that was called to a halt because there were too many field mice in the field that they wanted to picnic in.  You can always get reports on who's granddaughter came to visit and sometimes what they had for Sunday dinner.

After my dad and sister read the paper, they both announced that they didn't know anyone that was mentioned.  Even my sister that still lives there part time said she often doesn't know anyone.  However, when I read the paper I came across a familiar name.  I was reading the court records to see what kind of crimes were being committed.  There were several people fishing without a license or taking over their limit of fish.  I found that my sister's bother-in-law was in court that week.  He was fined $120 for going 70 mph in a 65.  We had a laugh about only finding 1 person - a relative, and in the court records. 

No comments: