September 03, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I was ready for a long weekend after the long first week of school.  Ty was suppose to come home to play in The Scorcher, an ultimate Frisbee tournament.  He called on Friday morning to let me know (and get a little support) that he was going to do the responsible thing and stay in Eugene to finish work and get ready for finals next week.  Terry and I drove over and watched the end of the championship game.  Ty's team ended up losing which I think was a shock to everyone.  I do love watching those games.  The whole ultimate culture is lay-back and a little different.  It fits Ty so perfectly, and he's good.  He can really throw. 

The tournament was at a park right around the corner from Bry and Amee's house.  We ended up dropping in on them, and also Stacey and Mike so that we could get a report on the first week of kindergarten from Tanner and Hudson.  They both showed me their take-home folders with four green circles for good behavior.  They're going to avoid getting any yellow or red circles this year.  They were both excited and neither of them know the names of any other kids.  They can find their way around the playground though.  I don't know how it all worked out, but they're in the same class with 18 boys and 3 girls.  Sounds a little crazy to me.

That's about the extent of what I accomplished this weekend.  I just refrained from laboring. 

No comments: