September 08, 2012

Art in the Park

This is always my favorite weekend in Boise.  I didn't take Friday off, like I have the past two years.  I just finished things on Friday as fast as I could, and then went with Terry to walk around and get some dinner.  It was a perfect night.  Besides dinner, we finished off a big bag of kettle corn.  I can't pass that up ever.

The next morning I called to see if my usual family members were up for a walk around.  Andrea was out of town, Nan was busy, Mom wasn't feeling well, but of course, Dad was up and ready to go.  It was just the two of us.  We started before the booths were open with our traditional cinnamon roll and hot chocolate.  We covered most of the park, bought a woodpecker made of metal scraps to put on top of Millie's scratching post, a silk scarf for Mom, and a crocheted scarf for me.  It was great spending 3 hours of my favorite weekend with Dad.

I bought a big oval mirror from IKEA this summer.  I want a mosaic frame.

I've never done a mosaic, but I'm wondering if I could do one like these.

No comments: