January 23, 2013

Back to Blogging

I'm back to blogging, but it gets out of control so easy. 

Blog 1 - Mine.  I love to do this.  I want to do this.  I'm struggling to find the time or routine to get it done.  Just once or twice a week.  It shouldn't be hard.

Blog 2 - My students are blog buddies with a group of sixth graders in Hansen.  We meet at the end of the year for a field trip at Bruneau Sand Dunes.  This is the month we're finally starting.  Everyone is in a group.  Everyone has a password.  Everyone has been trained, and most of them need help  - if not with blogging, then just with writing in general.

Blog 3 - I'm taking a writing class through BSU that focuses on new expectations that are coming with Common Core State Standards.  We're called the Teachers Writing Collaborative, and I'm suppose to set up a group blog for us to post writing lesson ideas, links to interesting books or articles, and other stuff, I think.  I'm not real sure how I'm going to move forward on that.

Blog 4 - It's a new year for my Relief Society Book Club.  We have a group blog that has never caught on.  At the beginning of each year I spend an afternoon figuring out how to get our new book selections on our bookshelf widget, and list the new titles we've selected.  I usually post a couple other things during the year - good things - but I don't think anyone notices.  It all started because everyone kept losing their book lists.  My thoughts were that we would have a blog with information about our books, recipes from our meetings, and something like our own Good Reads where we could share other things we were reading or anything about books.  Like I say, it hasn't caught on.

So in just a couple weeks, my blogging is out of control.  What usually happens isn't anything crazy.  I just quit.  

No comments: