August 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I left early for school today because I needed to stop and buy birthday treats to share with the class.  Some years I've made my own cupcakes, but it didn't happen this year.  Fred Meyer baked instead.  This was our first full day of school.  I always have my class go the computer lab and fill out a resume and apply to work at Swain Inc.  I take a resume picture of everyone on the first day of school and send them to Walgreens so that I can pick them up after school and have them on the bulletin board before Back-to-School Night.  That's tonight. 

Walgreens had the pictures ready, the bulletin board looked great, I had my presentation ready and copies of everything on their desks just in time.  I had left just after 7:00 that morning (Ty had called which put me behind), and got home at 8:00, to an empty house.  Thanks to my friends, there was a little cake on the table, and gifts from my parents, Terry, and Brent.  I had a little private celebration.  I opened gifts, read cards, and ate cake.  Then I went upstairs to get ready for bed.  It really was a great day....just not what you have in mind for your birthday.