August 13, 2012

Good to Be Back

It's always good to get home from camping.  The long soak in the tub, the clean sheets and good mattress are the best.  This trip we came home to more smoke.  The wild fires are so bad and so close that the air quality in Boise is worse than it was around the campfire, but it's still good to be back.

Some of the crew stayed another night, but we wanted to get back and go to church.  I'm glad we did because it was one of my former YW, Melissa W.'s, missionary farewell.  I'm so proud of her and her decision to go on a mission.  She gave a great talk (and had on a darling navy blue dress).  Two other women in the ward spoke with her (her visiting teachers) and they also gave very impressive talks.  Rachel spoke on what makes a prophet and how blessed we are to have revelation.  Her talk helped me get it together on my RS lesson that I've been struggling with.  She bore a touching testimony.  Melissa N. did some powerful preaching!  She was funny and touching and strong - and in her kiwi accent too.  I would have liked to hear more.

No comments: