November 13, 2011

BSU TCU

Well this is a hard post to write.  We lost.  At home.  It ended a 35 game win streak on the blue turf.  It came down to one second, and Ty's friend missing a field goal.  I felt like all the air was sucked out of me.  Stunned.  People at the stadium felt the same way.  They said it was silent, and everyone just sat there for about 10 minutes.  Kellen Moore has lost 3 games in the past four years - one in overtime with a missed field goal, and two to TCU by one point. 

We had made plans to go to dinner with Mike and Stace after the game.  I really didn't want to talk about it, but we did.  Dinner was at Mickey Rays.  The place was packed, and everyone there was in blue and orange.  It was a quiet crowd.  I will say the food was good.  I should have ordered mac and cheese.  I needed comfort food.

No comments: