February 07, 2013

Personal Progress

I've been asked to be a mentor for one of the Young Women in our ward, to help her with personal progress.  We'll all be getting together on the first Wednesday each month, so Feb. 6th was our start date.  It was so good to be back in YW.  I was thinking during opening exercises how much I had forgotten about all the energy of teens.  We don't have many kids in our ward, but there was plenty of activity. 

We played a get-to-know you activity with all the girls and their mentors.  We did get to know a lot about each other.  Then we had time to see where our girl was on her personal progress and help them make a plan for this month.  I had read the new PP book online and was a little overwhelmed.  I'm excited to be working with Val, and I was really excited to see that she has a lot done already.

I've decided to complete the activities and projects along with Val.  I'm glad that she's done everything up to the last activity and project for Choice and Accountability.  So this month, I'll be working on honesty, and spend 10 hours cleaning and organizing my loft.  After that well have most of Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue to do.  It might take a year and a half, but it's going to be fun working together.

No comments: