December 23, 2012

Just What I Needed

Christmas is crazy.  All of December is crazy.  As much as I love all the music and lights and treats and giving and decorations, it's still crazy.  So yesterday when I still had a bunch of shopping, wrapping, and cleaning, and cooking to do, I called my friend and arranged to meet at Barnes and Noble for a treat and a little break.  It was late in the afternoon and I had only completed half of my errands, but it was soooo good to sit down with a good friend, a hot chocolate, and a scone.  I love being in a book store, and it's especially fun at Christmas time.  We sat near the gift wrap counter and watched everyone else bustle and hunt and shop and wait in line and spend their money.  We just relaxed, visited, laughed, and exchanged little gifts.  It's been my favorite holiday moment so far.  Thanks, Lydia, for spending a time-out with me.

No comments: